hemospermia and HIV

Hi Doc, Is hemospermia or blood in semen caused by HIV. I had a one-time episode of this while masturbting (repeated). If it is associated with HIV, at what time does it occur after intial infection. I am sorry I cannot make a donation at the moment becuase I am from a developing country but I will surely make efforts in help in awareness and educating others. Thanks, DL

Hemospermia (hematospermia) can be frightening, but most of the cases are benign and self-limited and require no therapy. Rarely, it can be the result of medical problems, such as urethral stricture, infection of the prostate or a congenital bleeding disorder, but in the majority of cases, no specific cause can be found and the condition resolves on its own within a few weeks. About 17% of guys who have this will experience one episode only (like you) and not have any recurrences. Hopefully you are one of these 17%! However, if the condition recurs or persists beyond a three-week period, you should see a urologist for an evaluation, OK?

Also, take it easy with Mr. Happy! He has to last you a whole lifetime!

help with long term testing
Getting Tested