The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

help with long term testing

Dec 26, 2006

Dr.Bob, I had a sex encounter and became ill the very next week, with symptoms including weight loss coated tongue and body ache. The problems still exsist today 10 months later. I've been proactive with my testing. 2 DNR PCR at 12 weeks and 8 months after possible exposure. 2 RNA PCR at 4 weeks and 9 months after exposure and bi monthly hiv test by blood draw for hiv 1 and 2. All of which have come back non reactive, not detected or less than 50. I'm concerned because of the prolong symptoms of which my Doctors have no answers. What should I do. I'm sure that its viral in nature. Please advise. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Your multiple negative HIV tests are definitive, conclusive and highly excessive. What part of "HIV negative" don't you understand? HIV is not your problem. No way. No how!

My advice is simple:

1. Stop wasting time, money, blood and testing resources chasing a disease you could not possibly have. Stop testing!

2. Get psychological or psychiatric help to confront your completely irrational HIV fears. If your doctors cannot find a physiological cause of your symptoms, you should be evaluated for a psychosomatic cause. Continuing to test will not help solve your problem. Get the help you need, not more tests that you don't.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

RIsk of HIV transmision amsterdam sex worker
hemospermia and HIV

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint