RIsk of HIV transmision amsterdam sex worker

hi, I would be really appreciate an answer to this question regarding sex with an Amsterdam sex worker. ok, here is my story. Roughly seven months ago I had received Oral and had vaginal intercourse with a sex worker in the red light district of Amsterdam. I was heavily intoxicated and regret the situation immensly. roughly 2 weeks after I developed 3 small rashes on the head of my penis. This worried me so i decided to go for an STI test at my GUM clinc (in UK). I received all tests for STI except syphillis, HIV and Hepatitis. My result came back and i was positive for chlamydia. i received my reatment and have had no more rashes though they went away before the treatmen was started. I have always praticed safe sex in the past and only ever had unprotected sex with people over an 8 year period all of whom but one were regular partners at the time and would be considered "low risk". Over the past week I have developed a tingling sensation in my feet and legs and also along my arms. In addition to this i have generalised itching like skin crawling all over my body. i was so drunk during my amsterdam mistake I can not recall using a condom. this is causing me extreme anxiety. My questions are as follows.

1. How high risk an activity was my one time potentialially unprotected sex with amsterdam sex worker ?

2. Will the fact I was intoxicated and acquired chlamydia greatly increase my risk *( I cant find any information on this anywhere).

3. Are my pins and needles and symptoms associated with an HIv infection. They tend to come and go during the day. And seem worse when sitting.

4. Is there a high incidence of HIv amongst Amsterdam sex workers ? How safe is there approach to sex.

I really HOPE you find time to answer my questions.

My health care provider did not recommend HIV testing. However I intend to get a test.. Especially after my recent symptoms

I reall HOPE you get time to answer my question..

Keep up the good work in your work against this tragic disease. A donation is on its way

Best wishes

AF

Hello AF,

I have no idea what the following statement means: "I have always practiced safe sex in the past and only ever had unprotected sex with people over an 8 year period all of whom but one were regular partners at the time and would be considered "low risk."!??!??!

Never mind. Let's proceed to your specific questions:

1. It's unlikely your sexual activity in Amsterdam's red light district was unprotected, as prostitution there is legal and regulated. Unprotected sex is not allowed. However, for argument's sake, if you did have unprotected insertive vaginal sex and if your red-light lady was HIV positive, the estimated per-act risk of acquiring HIV would be 5 per 10,000 exposures.

2. Being intoxicated doesn't increase the actual risk of acquiring the virus, other than by increasing your risk of having unsafe sex. Chlamydia is much easier to acquire than HIV. Assuming you acquired it that night, it would have no affect on your HIV risk for that evening's Dutch treat.

3. Nope.

4. Nope. See #1 above.

Thanks for your donation! (www.concertedeffort.org)

Happy Holidays.

HIV1 and HIV2 Testing
help with long term testing