A nepali's prayer to Dr.Robert

Dearest Dr.Robert,Greetings from a Nepali. Sir may I request you to treat this letter of mine as an emergency,please.I live here in Kathmandu,Nepal,a south asian country. It all happened about a week back,at my friend's Birthday party.And the guest list also included a few "call girls".Everything was flowing quite smooth{even the alcohol}, scotch,vodka..etc.,until the girls began what I would call,"Sexually suggestive" dance session.Before I knew what was going on,the host actually dashed off with a couple of girls to a room. I was not overly tempted to follow suit until a while later.When "lust"got the better of me.Yes Sir,after having had a swig or two and danced ,as if in trance,I actually proceeded to have sex!! Sir I am 33 year's old and believe it or not I have been a "virgin" all my life,until a week back.I have been following a very orthodox way of HINDU life,and was completely convinced of the rigours involved. That night,god alone knows,what went into my head,I had Insertive Penile Vaginal sex with not ONE Girl,BUT THREE Girls,And With No CONDOM.I am not circumcised . I must have been crazy, a mad man that night.It was indeed Insertive vaginal sex with three girls,ONE time with each of them,no protection.All on the same night.Immediately after the third episode,I was strongly hit by the thoughts of HIV,so intensly that I actually walked back home at around 3-50 AM.Sir I have since that night,been having just 1 meal a day,have'nt interacted with my friends, nor attended to my work.In short,my life's changed quite drastically.I have been absolutely consumed by the thoughts of Hiv.While frantically looking for answers here on the internet,I found your site.While browsing the Archives,I came across 2 questions,which sound rather similar to my situation.1]"An aghan's ordeal,his prayer to Dr.Robert-dt.27th august 2006 [2] "Is my situation similar to the afghan gentleman" dt.9th october". Sir I Pray to you With Folded hands,to please answer to my question.Is my situation identical to the two queries I have read in the archive? Please tell me my Dear Sir. Also I beg you to Send me your "very best karma" like you sent for those two gentlemen.

So another well-intentioned virgin bites the dust! And quite dramatically, I might add. Three call girls, no condoms and loads of post-sex guilt, worry, anxiety and HIV fears. Yours, my friend, is an all-too-common story: abnormal sexual repression eventually giving way to normal healthy human desires. The "no condoms" was the real error in judgment. Yes, indeed, your situation is exactly the same as those other posts you read in the archives. Consequently, your estimated risk for HIV and my advice about what to do are also exactly the same. I'll send my good-luck karma that you will test negative and I urge you to learn from this experience. Sex is not the problem. Unsafe sex is.

Is my situation similar to the "afghani gentleman's"?..Please answer Oct 9, 2006

Dearest Dr.Robert,I wrote to you a couple of times before this expecting your reply,and I would reckon you have been very busy as expected,have yet to get an answer.Sir, in the meanwhile,I took your advice and browsed through the archives. I came across a question titled..."An Afghan's ordeal,his prayer to Dr.Robert" Dated August 27th,2006.Now my understanding of the answer is that since there have been three episodes of Unprotected Insertive Vaginal Sex,in my case as well as his[the Afghani gentleman],..HIV testing is certainly warranted.Sir,you also mention in that reply the fact that since the three episodes of insertive penile vaginal sex,with three women,one episode each, took place with those three women whose HIV status is NOT KNOWN,the odds are still very much in our favour that we did not contract Hiv by the above said episodes.Is my understanding correct Dr.Robert? Please do reply this time around my Dear Sir.I shall remain absolutely indebted to you if you do reply and also offer encouraging words to me like you do to others...PLEASE..Also,if you were to answer my question,would your reply have been exactly similar to\ditto the answer to the "Afghan's" query?? Namaste Sir [greetings, in Hindi]

Response from Dr Frascino:

Once again the archives reveal just how useful they can be when accessed. Your exposure sounds identical to the Afghani gentleman and consequently your level of HIV risk would be identical as well. Likewise my assessment and advice would also be identical.

So, your answer was waiting for you the whole time and now you know exactly what to do, right?

Good luck!

An Afghan's ordeal,his prayer to Dr.Robert

Dearest American friend,How are you doing? Very well I hope by the blessings of god almighty[jesus christ\allah\shiva......].Inshallah[god willing] you would lead a great life ahead as well. Despite the rather orthodoxy associated with the religion I belong to,I have indulged in rather "unorthodox"way of life I would say.I have had three episodes of what you all call on this website,UNPROTECTED INSERTIVE VAGINAL SEX" until date with THREE DIFFERENT WOMEN.One episode with each of the three women. One of the women,was operated upon three weeks back for low back pain.The blood tests the hospital staff ran on her included the Hiv test,which was negative. I dont quite know the Hiv status of the other two women.Sir I have,after the three episodes' changed enormously.I am always pre occupied,always obsessed with thoughts of hiv,become a bit of a loner,given up on my most passionate sport of horse riding[I own three supremely magnificent stallions],not going out on picnics.......list is endless.Its been exactly four months since the third episode of sex I had,I am simply not being able to lead a normal life at all......Sir I need your help in these really challenging times I am going through.Will You help me? Please do help .I want to take up the AIDS test sooner than later.Would you write back and offer encouraging words like you do to others?..woohoo and the like?/Is there anychance I could get to say those words too after I test?? PLEASE HELP ME .........I PRAY

Hi Afghani-Buddy,

Your HIV risk is, as you mention, three episodes of unprotected insertive vaginal sex. The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from insertive unprotected penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your risk would be less, as we do not know the HIV status of your partners. This will hopefully help to put your level of risk into perspective.

I agree HIV testing is warranted, because you had unprotected sex. However, the odds remain immensely in your fever that you did not contract HIV from this trio of experiences.

Your current anxiety and anhedonia (absence of pleasure or the ability to experience it in your life) is a consequence of guilt and worry, largely stemming, I would guess, from your affiliation with the orthodox religious views you mention in your post. Personally I doubt Christ, Allah, Shiva, Buddha, Bill Gates (or whomever one chooses to worship, admire or emulate) would want us to feel miserable as a consequence of something as wonderful and normal as love and sex.

Is there a chance you'll be WOO-HOO-ing after your definitive three-month HIV-antibody test? Absolutely. In fact, the odds are really very much stacked in that direction. I'll gladly add my good-luck/good-health karma to your cause in hopes that your results confirm that you are HIV negative.

While waiting for your test, I strongly suggest you ride those "three supremely magnificent stallions". They need their exercise and you need to rekindle your passion for the pleasures of this life. Go on a picnic and focus on the wonders of being alive at this very moment in time. Yes, you made an error in judgment (well actually three errors in judgment); however, the important thing to do is learn from those indiscretions. When you have sex (by the way I would argue having sex is healthy and normal, not unorthodox!), just do it safely using a latex condom properly. That will limit any HIV risk while allowing you to enjoy one of life's greatest gifts and "supremely magnificent" pleasures! Enjoy your ride!

Good luck!

splinters?!?!?
Plan Of Action After Encounter With Sex Worker?