Please Doc I Really Really Need An Answer

Doctor F,

I know i've asked a similar question before, but please bear with me because i'm really freaking out.

I've had erythematous candidiasis on the roof of my mouth now for 5 months or so. Six negative HIV tests up to 25 weeks but full systemic blood tests to determine the cause of the thrush came back normal! The specialist says we may never know what's causing it...which doesn't help my fragile state of mind at all!

It must be possible that i have hiv because late seroconversion has happened before right?

Should i carry on using protection with my girlfriend?

Please can I have your oppinion, i would be eternally grateful

Six negative HIV tests out to 25 weeks are definitive, conclusive and excessive! HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

To answer your specific questions:

1. You are not a late seroconverter. Period.

2. I always recommend using protection. (The old adage, "better to be safe than sorry," would apply.)

I cannot diagnose the cause of your "erythematous candidiasis" over the Internet. However, I can tell you what's not causing it. It's not HIV!

Your real problem is not the erythematous candidiasis, but rather your "fragile state of mind!" I strongly suggest you get counseling to help that fragile state of mind and to assist you in accepting the truly wonderful news that you are HIV negative!

Be well. Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bob, I'm scared
HOW TO MAKE DONATIONS