Can I Woohoo?

About two months ago, (six weeks after unprotected sex with someone of unknown status and three weeks after the symptoms had begun), I was hospitalised with a 'mystery illness'...with just about every HIV symptom. I was tested at six weeks, and seven weeks with P24 and ELISA, both negative, the doctor told me it could definitely not be HIV, and that I should work with my GP to figure out what might be causing the symptoms. Four months after the possible exposure, I am still suffering with swollen glands, rashes, diarrhoea and fatigue. Today (4 months), I tested negative on a home testing kit, can finally Wooohooo, and put this behind me? My doctor says it is probably chronic fatigue syndrome, but I am just a little concerned as to the timing...if this were due to HIV, would I still be suffering so much from symptoms four months post exposure? I know you get so many emails from worried wells, but really hope you find time to answer this and perhaps help me get out of the dumps as it were and enjoy Christmas Thanks for your time doctor, have a wonderful Christmas and thank you for all the great work you're doing!

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests now out to four months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

I can't diagnose the cause of symptoms over the Internet, but I can with great certainty tell you what's not causing them. It's not HIV! A negative HIV test outside the window period trumps symptoms each and every time!

Can you WOO-HOO??? Absofrickinlutely! Now how's that for a Christmas present?

Happy WOO-HOOing Holidays.

Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas from Saudi Arabia