The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How can you be so sure?

Dec 23, 2006

Dr. Bob, I write twice about sucking on a girls nipple in a strip club - having a breakdown, swollen glands, weak, chills three weeks out - you said in a earlier post to someone that this is not a way that HIV is transmitted but medical sites say that it is carried in breast milk. The girl I was with had a two year old and it felt like there was some sort of substance ( maybe breast milk ) that came out. I am worried sick over this and can't sleep. This happened 26 days ago. I will donate to forum - please please please answer this time. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Dude, if you don't believe me, your only option is to get an HIV test at the three-month mark. (Tests taken prior to three months are not considered to be definitive.) It will undoubtedly be negative and you'll write back all excited saying "Dr. Bob, guess what?!?" And I'll remind you I indeed did indeed already guess what and then I'll try very hard not to say I told you so, OK? Try not to stress out in the meantime, OK? See your doctor if you are feeling sick and while you're there, you might pick up some anti-anxiety pills to help you get through the next two months.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

A3G- NOT another STRIP club- worried well
Entering into a mag relationship - any sound advice?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint