Hey Doc rob!!!

I am trying to get a response to my questions for the past so many days, but not getting successful. I request to you to answers my questions.... U r doing a gr8 job thru ur foundation and i pray got that he gives u immense strength in ur endeavours. I will also contribute to ur foundation.

My History: I had protected sexual intercourse with some sex workers (~4) while i was in Dubai. I do not know the sero status of those sex workers. However during the sexual intercourse there was no cut or slippage of the condom as far as i remember. I got myself tested for HIV-1 & 2 six weeks after the intercourse and it was negative. Since then i have not had any sexual intercourses.

My questions. 1. Am i at risk of contracting HIV. 2. Whether the test conducted is conclusive to say that i am not infected. 3. If not when should i get tested again.

I would once again request u to kindly answer my question as i am in a state o trauma. I am ashamed of myself for having done such a dreadful act.

The reason I have not responded to your many posts is that the answers you seek are readily available to you in the archives. (Have a look!) Consequently, I'll only respond very briefly and refer you to the archives for additional details.

1. Protected sex is "protected" if the latex condom was used appropriately and did not fail. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how.

2. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be conclusive. Your six-week negative test is encouraging, but not definitive.

3. Three months from the potential exposure.

I see no reason for you to be in a "state o trauma!" I suggest you spend less time resubmitting questions and a bit more time becoming informed about HIV, HIV prevention, safer sexual practices and HIV tests. Being informed beats being irrationally fearful each and every time!

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

Happy Holidays.

Really Worried and in need of good luck karma!
New Jobs?