Hiv+

Hey rob.. i've just been diagnosed with Hiv+ but i believe i was infected with it 4 years ago. My question is that should i finish my remaining education in college or drop out and start working. I've been spoiled my whole life and want to repay my parents with all the blessings they have given me. I want to work when i am the most healtiest thats why i am thinking of quitting school.

Quitting school would not be a way to repay your parents. In fact, it would most likely be the last thing they would want you to do.

Even if you were infected four years ago, as you suspect, why all the doom and gloom??? I was infected in January of 1991, a full 16 years ago! With the advances in HIV management and treatment, you should have every reason for optimism. You've been "spoiled" your whole life and unfortunately you're acting like a spoiled child now. You want to quit school, because life isn't working out exactly as you planned!?! In reality, it seldom does. Yes, your have HIV disease. So do 40,000,000 of us. The best thing you can do for your parents and yourself is to get educated about HIV its management, its treatment and its prognosis. Then change your attitude from viewing your life as essentially over to viewing your life as "virally enhanced." Work closely with an HIV specialist to maximize your health. Stay healthy! Stay in school! HIV is not a reason to quit. Don't let HIV alter your plans for the future. Take a read through the "Inspiring Stories" section under the Quick Links on The Body's homepage. Why not become an inspiring story, rather than an HIV statistic? I think your parents would appreciate that most of all.

It's all over for me
Really Worried and in need of good luck karma!