HIV1 and HIV2 testing

I've tested for 12 months now.I am worried about HIV2 whether or not it would have been detectable with all this blood work I've done for the last 12 months.Best Regards will donate your stress relieving organization.

Chances are a negative test at three months is all you needed for a definitive result. The rest merely corroborates what we already knew at three months.

HIV-2 is not much of a problem if you are writing from the U.S. (or anywhere other than West Africa, for that matter). Certainly HIV-2 antibody tests are readily available and HIV-2 screening is often included with the more important HIV-1 antibody screening tests. Whether you had one of the assays that screened for both HIV-1 and HIV-2, I have absolutely no way of knowing. However, you could look at your lab slip results or call your doctor (or clinic) where you had the test performed or call the laboratory that ran the test to get a definitive answer one way or the other.

Good luck, although I'm quite confident you don't need it as far as HIV is concerned.

Happy Healthy Holidays.

bumper stickers in exchange for good karma
Don't let me chicken out!!