Just now learning about HIV, but is it too late?

Dr. Franscino, I will be donating because I've been in the dark about HIV/AIDS and this site has educated me whether I like the truth or not. I'm a 30 yr male who has been bi-curious my whole life. I had never engaged in male-to-male sexual activity before. That said, a month ago on my 30th birthday I got drunk and I decided to go ahead and indulge these curiosities and ended up having unprotected anal intercource with a gay man I've known who tests anually. So far, he's been negative. I was the on the receptive end, though he did not ejaculate inside me. Neither of us has shown symptoms (yet) and I'm bravely trying to wait out the three month window for a test. I'm going crazy with guilt and anxiety because I'm afraid of hurting friends and family and cost of scewing up once. WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF TRANSMISSION, IF HE IS POSITIVE, FROM UAI WITHOUT EJACULATION?

Truth is not to be liked or not. But rather truth is to be known!

The estimated per-act risk of acquiring HIV from unprotected receptive anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 50 per 10,000 exposures. We do not have a separate estimated-risk statistic for ejaculation versus no ejaculation, but common sense would dictate that no ejaculation lowers the risk somewhat.

Being "bi" is fine. Being "curious" is fine. Being unsafe is not. Gay, straight, bi-questioning, bi-curious or Republican-closeted (a seemingly extremely large and not very bright group), the important thing is to get informed and practice safer sexual techniques.

I'm delighted to hear that you've found the information on this site enlightening. Thank you for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated. We'll use it to promote additional HIV/AIDS awareness and education. In return, I'm sending my best good-luck karma that your definitive three-month test is negative.

Be well. Stay safe. Happy Healthy Holidays, no matter which side of the proverbial fence you end up on.

Confused and worried about results
bumper stickers in exchange for good karma