Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

ear massage
Dec 19, 2006

Dear Dr. Francisco:

I got a massage today and the chinese massage therapist vigurously massaged my ear. she also put her fingers in the ear canal briefly. As far as i saw she had no cuts nor was she bleeding from her hands. I was kinda taken back by this massage and did not stop her. Now my ear is a little raw. I asked a friend to take a look at it. There is no cuts but there are some areas of redness. Do I need to get tested for AIDS. I have a wife and kids and this thng is driving me crazy. I will donate money. Please reply soon

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You're worried about a Chinese massage therapist who "vigurously" massaged your ear??? Hmmm . . . as it turns out, the ear canal is not one of those orifices you have to worry about when it comes to HIV transmission. I see no reason for concern or HIV testing. What's driving you crazy is most likely guilt about your rub-a-dub-dub. I'd suggest you level with your wife. Not only is it the right thing to do but honesty is indeed always the best policy.

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Happy Holidays. By the way, next time you have a massage, you might mention to the "therapist" exactly which body parts you want "vigurously" massaged!

Dr. Bob

Previous
tests VIH
Next
DON'T EVEN BOTHER!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.