Donation following answer!!! 30 Days after sex, showing symptoms, terrified it may be Acute Hiv!!!

Hello Robert, I'm a 24 yr old male. 30 days ago I had sexual contact for the first time with a young lady.

I wore a condom, but stupidly only rolled it up a little more than halfway.

I penetrated her vagina for a while, then we finished with her taking off the condom & performing oral sex.

After sex I asked her about her seuxal past, & she said she only had sex with 4 men, 3 were old boyfriends & the 4th (& most recent) was a friend from work 2-3 weeks before our encounter.

About 2 weeks after our encounter I noticed discoloration on the head of my penis, also the skin on the head of my penis looks a little wrinkly.

A couple of days after that I developed 4-5 small bumps on my penis where the shaft & head meet on the bottom of my penis that irritated a little. I also felt pressure on my throat (nothing painful) & it was hard to swallow a little.

I was scared & decided to go get tested. At the clinic, they checked me out & drew blood & took a urine sample & the doctor said it was probably nothing.

Then 2 days ago, I woke up & I felt like I had the flu, I had excessive watery diarrhea, my neck lymphnodes were swollen, I felt neuaseated, the slight pressure in my throat when I swallow is back, I also have a fever, a little hard lump on my right thigh, a cough, my chest is tight, random muscles over my body get stiff, & my lower back muscles are sore

Scared shitless I went on the internet to do some HIV investigation (huge mistake!) & upon reading it I have been scared shitless & cant sleep.

I kept thinking to myself that these symptoms were too early on & that maybe it was a coincidence or that I was over reacting, but then I read about Acute Hiv infections, & how they can occour 2-4 weeks after exposure & can go undetected for 3 months, & how all of the symptoms are similar to the ones I have been experiencing as of late, & now I am a wit's end!

I'm so terrified & I feel like there is no one I can talk to, my parents are ultra conservative christians, & are also afraid of "germs". I also wanted to enlist in the Navy but the military doesnt take those who are HIV positive.

I know symptoms dont necessarily make the disease in the case of HIV, but I feel like it's all to coincidental for me to be experiencing all of these things at once. I'm also on the verge of insanity feeling like i'm stupid, that I made a huge mistake, & have thrown away my life, & I dont have medical insurance so I cant speak with a doctor.

I know odds of me getting infected are 1 in 10,000, & that probably since this was my first seuxal encounter, I'm probably at low risk, but I am still frightened & extremely paranoid, & I feel like I dont have anyone I can talk to.

My test results havent came back yet, but I feel like I will be living in paranoia & fear for the next 3 months if they come back negative thinknig I wont know for sure untill I get tested at the 3 month mark.

Is there anything at all you can tell me that would put my mind at ease? Anything at all will be appreciated

You're 24 and had your first sexual contact just 30 days ago??? Hmmm . . . a bit of a late bloomer, but that's OK. You very wisely used a condom, even if you only rolled it halfway down your tallywhacker. Having the "business end" covered is what's crucial as far as HIV transmission is concerned. Assuming the condom stayed on your one-eyed monster and did not break, your HIV risk from this activity should be virtually nonexistent. HIV cannot pass through intact latex. No way. No how! Your unprotected insertive oral sex carries an extremely low risk for HIV transmission. Where did you come up with that 1 in 10,000 number? It's way too high. The estimated per-act risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 0.5 per 10,000 exposures. And your estimated risk would be even less, as we do not know the HIV status of your "young lady."

Regarding symptoms, you're correct: symptoms do not equal HIV disease. Period.

As for your ultraconservative Christian parents who are "afraid of germs," well, that may help explain your being so terrified of your actions and not very well informed about safer-sex techniques or STDs. Yours is just another example of excessive religiosity potentially causing harm by blocking out science and reality. I'm sure your folks assume you are going to be a virgin right up to your wedding night. If possible, I would suggest you advise them that you are sexually active. "Ultraconservative Christians" often live in a bubble that really has very little to do with reality (kind of like Dubya). Personally, I feel a dose of reality might be good for your folks. Talk to them about HIV/AIDS, being sexually active, etc. They may go ballistic at first, but ultimately they'll have to come to the realization that you are an adult and germs really do exist. Neither their assumptions about your virginity or excessive fear of germs is healthy. Giving them a wakeup call now may help them in the future.

As for the Navy, yes, the armed services will screen for HIV if you enlist.

I do not believe you've thrown your life away. In fact, I think you've acted very responsibly by using a condom for sex. For that I commend you! Spending some time reviewing the information in the archives of this forum and at related links, you, I'm confident, will find the information enlightening and encouraging.

Good luck with your three-month definitive HIV test and with your folks! I hope other parents reading this will consider their young adult kids could also be experiencing fears and torment (unwarranted, in my opinion) like yours and take the initiative to talk to their kids about safer sex, HIV and STDs.

Derad doc. Quick update on my progress
Je panique!