Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Derad doc. Quick update on my progress
Dec 19, 2006

Hey Doc.. Happy Holidays again. Remember me (False Positive ora-quick guy). Well, I have been telling as many people as I can about my story, even tho it is a little embarrasing, I figured maybe some people would learn to be more careful as a result of my scare. I actually found ou that two guys i worked with, (both young guys 18-19) had secretly thought they had Hiv for a couple years now!! Well, I got them together and took them to the clinic where they tested...negative. I guess they were too afraid to ever go, or certainly not tell their parents about the issue. People need to do a better job in these schools of letting kids know just how easy it is to go get tested. Anyway, just wanted to drop you a report on what I've been up to. I know someone in the school dist. here in vegas and I'm thinking of trying to arrange something through the health dist. maybe a school workshop or something. Hey, the kids will like to get out of class and it will be for a good cause. Win-win. Anyway, hope you are eating all the really bad foods out there during the holidays. Ehh, you have till summer to work on the Doctor-Bod. Later.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello False-Positive OraQuick Guy,

Welcome back to the forum! I'm delighted to learn about your efforts to "pay it forward" (i.e. teaching others the valuable lessons you learned about HIV/AIDS). I can certainly echo your comments about schools needing to do a better job with science-based sex education, including information on HIV awareness, prevention and testing! I've been ranting and raving about that for years! You did those two young guys a wonderful service by facilitating their HIV tests and relieving their anxiety. Hopefully they, too, will "pay it forward" by telling their friends. I wish you luck with your local school district. Be prepared to hear from some very vocal parents who don't want the word "sex" mentioned around their darling little Susie or Billy-Bob, because they've taken the virginity pledge and so, of course, would never have sex before marriage . . . . Isn't it amazing how clueless some parents can be???

As for Holiday treats, no problem. I'm continuing with my gym and yoga routines. Besides, it's already summer in Australia! So grab a koala bear and surfboard and let's hit the beach!

Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Unprotected anal sex
Next
Donation following answer!!! 30 Days after sex, showing symptoms, terrified it may be Acute Hiv!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.