RISKS OF HIV

Dr. Bob,

I do not have a question but a statement. God Bless you and this website. I am your typical hetrosexual single male. I date, give and receive oral unprotected and have protected sex most of the time. I recently had a severe scare. I searched your web site, found other people who were feeling what I felt, had the same questions as me, found all the answers to my questions and I bit the bullet and got tested. I have not been with anyone in 4 months and today I got my results, I am happy to say, it was negative. I did both a DNA and ELISA.

This experience really opened my eyes to this disease and STD's, especially HSV-2. If so many people have it (1-6 adults?), why don't we hear about it?

Your foundation should have already received my check. I am also donating to the kids in Africa who are parentless because of this disease.

Keep up the good work and I hope and pray that we can cure this disease. I have a new outlook on life!!

NAMASTE

Thanks for your kind comments. Congratulations on your negative tests! Regarding HSV-2 or any of a number of other STDs including HIV, one reason we aren't hearing about them is because the Bush Administration has stifled science-based sex education!

Private medical doctors should be educating all sexually active patients about STD risks as well. Unfortunately, our current health care system doesn't allow much time for these preventative issues, not to mention the 46,000,000 Americans with no health insurance! Well, now you know your facts. So spread the information! "Pay it forward," as they say! Thanks for your donation. We'll use your gift to promote HIV/AIDS awareness and education!

Stay well.

Definition of barebacking
Apology - I didn't mean any disrespect