Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

just a story
Dec 15, 2006

dr. bob-

i just wanted to share a story with your readers. it sounds like all the rest i've read and didn't believe but maybe mine will help someone.

in june, i had a possible exposure to hiv. two weeks later, i developed swollen nodes in my neck, chest, groin and armpits. i had three weeks of diarreah, lost 18 lbs, developed purple and red spot on and under my skin and went into a very deep depression. througout it all i had a white tongue with swelling, fatigue, sweats and so on and so on. check the cdc web site. every one of these symptoms fits into ars.

i took a three week, six week, and twelve week hiv test. all negative. and all i didn't believe. i just took my 24 week test and guess what...that was negative too.

during the past six months I have ruined a three year relationship with my boyfriend and spent endless amounts of hours searching the net, calling hotlines and crying...hysterically. i've driven my friends and family crazy and spent more money than i'd like to think about on therapy and psychopharmaceuticals.

in the end, i'm negative. while i've gained a lot of insight on myself and this incredibly devistating epidemic, as well as respect for people like dr. bob who are truly amazing and caring caregivers - i have also lost a lot of things that were important to me. needlessly.

in the end, we all die. whether it's by a freak accident, cancer, or natural death in old age, we all go. what matters more is how we live. so for all those worried wells out there, take it from the queen of all of you and trust your doctors when they tell you...YOU ARE FINE!!! and even if you're not...you're still going to live. so do it well.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story and insights. I, too, hope it helps others who are locked in their own worried-well hells for all the wrong reasons!

Be well. Happy Holidays.

Dr. Bob

Previous
handjob with possible sore on penis. Please help
Next
donation follows answer!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.