Fear!

To: Robert J. Frascino, M.D. Why the need to be sarcastic and sometime humiliating when replying to readers questions? Although I understand some of the questions may not be of your intellectual level your non-professionalism such as name calling i.e. Burger boy, direct attack, etc., only contribute to alienation of a good percentage of us that are desperately trying to reach out while trying to deal with our new situation not to mention the disservice to the entire community finally the clear ethical violation as a public speaker and representative of the medical community. "Please" allow us to be able to ask without any fear! With much disappointment, One more john doe New York

Hello One More,

I'd say the biggest thing you should worry about is a middle school English teacher getting a hold of your post and giving you a failing grade in punctuation.

Now, Mr. Doe, what the hell are you even talking about? Buger Boy? Who's that? I just did a quick search of my forum and nothing popped up. So I have absolutely no idea what you're going on and on about. But I do take exception to your comments related to "non-professionalism," "disservice to the entire community," "ethical violation as a public speaker," etc. I have dedicated my personal and professional life to helping those infected and affected by HIV/AIDS. My not-for-profit foundation, The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, has raised well over a million dollars for AIDS service organizations worldwide and is committed to providing crucial services to men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS and to raising awareness of the HIV/AIDS pandemic through advocacy and education.

My purpose here is to provide scientifically sound factual advice on HIV prevention and safer sexual practices. Yes, I do try to add some humor to my responses. In the words of the celebrated author Paul Rudnick, "Only money, rage and science can conquer AIDS. But only laughter can make the nightmare bearable."

Mr. Doe, if you take the time to actually read my work, you'll see that I utilize all those components money, rage, science and laughter to both personally and professionally battle this scourge.

Regarding your claim that you cannot not ask a question without fear, well, considering you are posting a question anonymously in cyberspace, I find your comment and complaint ludicrous!

So, John, please note your pathological fears are your problem, not mine. If you want my help, be it sarcastic or scientific, I'd suggest you begin with an apology. Otherwise please free to cower and lurk elsewhere.

treatment of HIV
Thanks for being there