ok 4th time is a charm....?

Can you please expand on the window for ARS. I had an encounter, twice in one night, both protected with latex condom but unproteced female to male oral sex. The first time vaginal was performed I finished but remained inserted for a bit. Didn't seem to have any leakage or breakage and hardness was maintained. I know this seems low risk but about 4 1/2 weeks post I came down with an extreme temp and hurt and ached and it seemed very much what I read about ARS. The doc did blood work but for flu I believe. She said everything seemed normal. Would any blood counts had shown abnormalities if hiv were the culprit? Also, all replies state ARS is within the 4 week window. Is that difinitive, is 4 1/2 out side the window absolute or is it different for different people? I'm about at the 2 month mark, can a 6 week test help or should I wait till the 3 month? I've read the 6 week is 95% accurate, could help alleviate my nerves and worrying. I need a woohoo. Can you please ellaborate. I'm making a donation to the conertedeffort cause I've read about on here from posters.. Thanks Dr. Bob.

Signed, will keep posting for an answer..

"4th time is a charm . . .???" Hmmm . . . that just doesn't sound quite right!

The answers to all your questions are in the archives. Have a look! Consequently, I'll only respond briefly. Besides, "5th time is a charm" would sound even weirder!

Your HIV risk is minimal at best. Protected sex is indeed protected if the latex condom is used properly and doesn't fail. Unprotected insertive oral sex carries an extremely minimal risk for HIV transmission.

Your symptoms are not worrisome for ARS. There are many medical conditions that can cause "extreme temp and hurt . . . ."

Regarding lab work, you can not infer or diagnose HIV from routine lab tests. It requires a very specific HIV test.

As for ARS symptoms, there are no absolute rules on timing! Most people experience ARS symptoms 10-14 days after exposure, but there is no "cutoff" as your question implies.

Finally, HIV testing. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be definitive or conclusive. Consequently, I don't recommend them. Who needs more uncertainty in their lives? I'd suggest you wait for the full three-month window period and then get a definitive test.

Thank you for your tax-deductible gift to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'll send my best good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative and conclusively WOO-HOOable, OK?

RE: this is Johnny Boy again, not a question just a thank you and an appology.
Update from Tonsils and Oral Sex (Cunnilingus)