|DR. BOB IS THE GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 14, 2006
I just wanted to say that I truly admire the work you do. If you choose to answer my question it will be greatly appreciated. I've tried to search the archives but I get conflicting information.
My potential risk was very,very, deep french kissing with a person of unknown risk for 10-15 min. There was no blood (I don't think, I didn't taste any?) Anyways, I tested twice, once @ 9 weeks and once @ 12 weeks (84 days)both with the home access test.
My question is:
1. How accurate are the Home Access HIV-1 tests?
2. Was I even at risk?
3. CAN I, as you so call it...WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO THIS???????
Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully respond. I would even more appreciate a little of your humor! It's truly amazing to see people with your patience & strength! Thanks again!
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Conflicting information? What conflicting information? Your case is very clear cut and there are multiple references in the archives addressing each of your questions! So I'll be brief and let you recheck the archives for additional details if you so desire, OK?
1. Home Access tests are extremely accurate. They use a double EIA (enzyme immunoassay) technique with a confirmatory IFA (immunofluorescent assay). Sensitivity and specificity approach 100%.
2. Nope! In my opinion, "a kiss is just a kiss, as time goes by . . . ," unless there were bizarre extenuating circumstances (e.g. you were kissing Dracula or Draculina).
Now I have a request for you: Tell me about this "very, very deep French kissing" technique! Just how big and talented is that frog tongue of yours?
Be well. Happy Holidays, Kermit.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Can And Std Cause Mouth Ulcers?
- What Stds Causes Penis Irritation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.