DR. BOB IS THE GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Bob,

I just wanted to say that I truly admire the work you do. If you choose to answer my question it will be greatly appreciated. I've tried to search the archives but I get conflicting information.

My potential risk was very,very, deep french kissing with a person of unknown risk for 10-15 min. There was no blood (I don't think, I didn't taste any?) Anyways, I tested twice, once @ 9 weeks and once @ 12 weeks (84 days)both with the home access test.

My question is:

1. How accurate are the Home Access HIV-1 tests?

2. Was I even at risk?

3. CAN I, as you so call it...WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO THIS???????

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully respond. I would even more appreciate a little of your humor! It's truly amazing to see people with your patience & strength! Thanks again!

anet

Hello Anet,

Conflicting information? What conflicting information? Your case is very clear cut and there are multiple references in the archives addressing each of your questions! So I'll be brief and let you recheck the archives for additional details if you so desire, OK?

1. Home Access tests are extremely accurate. They use a double EIA (enzyme immunoassay) technique with a confirmatory IFA (immunofluorescent assay). Sensitivity and specificity approach 100%.

2. Nope! In my opinion, "a kiss is just a kiss, as time goes by . . . ," unless there were bizarre extenuating circumstances (e.g. you were kissing Dracula or Draculina).

3. Absofrickinlutely!

Now I have a request for you: Tell me about this "very, very deep French kissing" technique! Just how big and talented is that frog tongue of yours?

Be well. Happy Holidays, Kermit.

Happy Holidays, Happy Testing
RE: this is Johnny Boy again, not a question just a thank you and an appology.