RE: CATHOLIC PRIEST COMMENT

Dr BoB

You are an astoundingly intelligent man. Your comment to catholic priest post was brilliant. I am a christian and lover of God but your words make total sense.

I found your question at the end to him quite mastermind (What are you doing here on the sex channel)?

I dont think anybody would be on this site unless they had something to hide. I know I do.

Regards G

Hi G,

I'm sure Lurker-Priest is here, too, and he won't be happy with your comments! However, I agree with you: he's here for a reason other than "doing research" or being on a mission from God to save my soul. The best I can do is wish him "enlightenment!"

Be well, "G!" Happy Holidays. (I'll reprint the post you reference below)

RE: Catholic Priest Dec 12, 2006

Dear Dr.Bob.

Blessed sould, what do you have against us, all we are doing is following what the bible states, please don't be upset at us, after all, we did not right the bible..we simply follow and preach what it states..

P.S. Are you not supposed to be of Italian heritance, if so you should be Catholic, am I correct in this belief? Bless you're soul, and remember being gay is NOT the way to go..

Blessed "sould?" What's that?

Yes, I'm aware you did not "right" the Bible. (In fact, I'm quite convinced there are many parts of the Bible that aren't "right" at all!)

Now you ask what do I have against you!?!?! Isn't it I who should be asking you such a question? I'm a tolerant, loving man who has devoted himself to helping others in need. I have also deeply loved another man (Dr. Steve, the expert in the Body's Tratamientos Forum) who is similarly tolerant and devoted. And yet you tell me "gay is NOT the way to go . . . ." Worse yet, two weeks ago a New Jersey Catholic bishop said, "Because homosexual acts cannot fulfill the natural end of human sexuality, they are never morally acceptable. Such acts furthermore do not lead to true human happiness." (New Jersey Catholic Bishop Arthur Serratelli at the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in Baltimore, Nov. 14, 2006) So if you want to believe dinosaurs lived two by two on Noah's Ark and that our species was fashioned out of dirt and divine breath in a garden with a talking snake by the hand of an invisible God, fine! That's up to you! But while you are hoping and praying to soon be raptured into the stratosphere by Jesus so you can safely enjoy a sacred genocide that will inaugurate the end of human history, please do not preach to me that "gay is not the way to go," question the "morality" of my sexual orientation or pontificate on whether I have found "true human happiness." You enjoy your brand of "fairy tales" and I'll enjoy mine, OK?

To answer your other question, yes, I'm Italian and attended Catholic grade school. However, neither of those facts precludes me from having a brain and common sense.

Now, Pious Pontificator, I have a question for you: what are you doing here on the sex channel???

Possibility
You are a breathe of fresh air