Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thank you Dr. Bob.. Need info to donate.
Dec 13, 2006

Hi Dr. Bob,

Thank you so much for answering my question... you really calmed me down.. I was the girl who had a 5 negative test's out to 13 weeks. My boyfriend had been cheating on me and not using protection. Well, I took the viral load test my doctor ordered and it came back undectable (this was taken at 15 weeks)... So I moved on, however, he said I have to take another test at 6 months.. If I had HIV wouldn't the Viral Load have been off the charts?? Just trying to rest these fears.... Can you please help me..

I would love to donate to this cause, as going through all of this has made me realize how much we really need to address this issue... Can you please give me the information to donate..

Thank you so much.. and god bless you.. I hope I get to yell WOOO HOOO......

Happy Holidays to you and Steve!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

I would consider five negative HIV-antibody tests out to 13 weeks plus one negative viral load test at 15 weeks to be definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. I do not feel a six-month follow-up test is warranted. If you choose to take one, it will undoubtedly be negative. My advice would be to WOO-HOO with confidence!

Thanks for the Holiday Wishes and offer to make a tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation to help provide crucial services to men, women and children living with the challenges of HIV/AIDS worldwide.

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed "well.")

Dr. Bob

Previous
You have a responsibility to give bad news too!
Next
ELISA and DNA PCR

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.