Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Never Ending Story Follow Up
Dec 13, 2006

Hello Dr. Bob:

I wrote to you several months back after I had had a one-time, potentially very risky sexual encounter in Feb '06. I just wanted to say to you that I am just about back to normal after an initial long period of extreme worry and physical issues (not sure if they were induced by anxiety in part or not). I have felt a lot better in many ways the last 4 months or so since my 6 month negative test. I plan on testing again at one year to be 100% over this.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to you for the work that you do helping people. You were a very significant help to me in my time of need, need the likes of which I had never encountered before in my life.

Thanks Again and kindest Regards,

Will

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Will,

I'm delighted you are "just about back to normal" and have found the information here helpful and reassuring. Thanks for your thanks. Now I want to remind you to "pay it forward," which means don't forget what you've learned by going through this ordeal. Help to promote HIV/AIDS awareness, education, prevention and treatment by discussing the topic with friends and family. Advocate for science-based prevention methods that have been proven to be effective, such as needle exchange programs and science-based sex education. Finally, remember the 40,000,000 people worldwide who weren't so lucky in dodging the HIV bullet.

Be well, Will!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Syph (again), RASH & Kidney stones
Next
Fingering during sex

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.