Far Away Seeking Your Advice

Dear Dr. Bob

I salute you for your work. I have become one of your admirers from 18th October 2006. About me I have been happily married for the last five years. I have not had sex with anyone other lady other than my wife except, for the incident of August 25th.2006 in Dubai (Middle East) where I am currently on deputation.

The risk exposure happened on August 25 2006. After a party under the influence of Alcohol I picked a Russian Prostitute took her home.1) Had protected Oral sex she did the sucking. The name of the condom was Carex. The condom was intact no breakage or hole as far as I can recollect. There was NO vaginal or anal sex. And I dint do any oral sex on her.2) Slobbered her breasts. 3) Deep kissing. She was an aggressive kisser. The CDC report on kissing is eating me alive with what if scenarios. To make myself sure whether I tasted blood or not during kissing I cut my finger tasted the blood then drank the alcohol and then tasted the blood to check whether alcohol suppress the taste of blood. Well blood has unique taste and it cannot be suppressed. I know its weird thing to do but I dint have a choice becoz I couldnt find her to ask her if she was HIV +. I have researched about this in the archive where u have said one needs to be Dracula and the other one where u and doc Steve involve in lot of kissing. After reading those posts from the archive I gained some sanity.

A word about the prostitute she seemed knowledgeable as she said she doesnt perform oral sex without condom. And put the condom for me. The condom was hanging on the head of my penis (I am circumcised) after the deed was done. I dont know about her dental hygiene

On October 18th my wife read her pregnancy from (USA) test done for her 1st trimester where she was tested for HIV ( She is HIV-) and the routine and panic set in as I heard HIV and my risk exposure came to mind, at that time I had small pimple like boil in the chest on October 20. I started searching the net for causes and it lead to HIV. The doc diagnosed it as Heat boil and it went away in a week.

I have lost weight 3lbs. I am going through lot of anxiety, guilt and depression. I would be back in USA only Feb. Honestly I am scared of testing... Searching the Archives of this site I rated my risk as Low for me being infected with HIV.

1) Do I need testing? 2) What are the chances me being infected with HIV from the above risk exposure? 3) Is my risk low or non existent? 4) Would you recommend me counseling or psychiatric treatment after returning home

I shall pray for your long life and that of recovery of your brother. Without you here the Worried Wells like me and many others would have been orphaned, would have taken wrong decisions and gone through lot of mental agony. Donations on the way +vely

Scared

Your HIV risk from protected oral sex is nonexistent, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. There is no HIV risk from breast slobbering or deep kissing.

Did you really cut your finger to taste blood and then drink alcohol and taste the blood again to check whether alcohol suppressed the taste of blood?????? WOWZA! That's a bit nutso. But I'm glad you found a way to regain your sanity: reading about Dracula and the fact that Steve and I lip-lock frequently.

To answer your specific questions:

1. No.

2. Nonexistent.

3. See #2 above.

4. Treatment for "anxiety, guilt and depression" as well as for your irrational HIV fears may well be very helpful.

Thank you for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that you'll soon feel better. Remember, HIV is not your problem. No way! No how!

Need a Dr.Bob/Dr. Steve hug
YOUR OPINION PLEASE