Very concerned!!

Dear Dr Rob,

I am absolutely freaking out here... about half an hour ago, I had a sexual experience with this guy at a beat, he was rimming me and asked if I had a condom , I said no, but told him I was HIV negative. He also performed oral sex on me. He was a Top and was going to perform anal sex, there was no penetration, and he said, no, I can't. We continued and I put my two fingers in his butt, I then inserted my penis into my butt for about 15 seconds. I didn't cum inside of him.....and there was no sign of blood.He then turned around and said I am Positive..... I absolutely freaked out and ran.... now I have to wait for 3 months to see if I am Positive.....Help me Dr Rob....what are the risks that I am HIV Positive. :(

The estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from unprotected insertive anal sex with an HIV-positive partner is 6.5 per 10,000 exposures. This is an indiscretion that should not have happened. You clearly understood the risks, your partner asked about a condom and he refused to have unprotected penetrative sex with you. Despite this, you still chose to top him. You should not have freaked out when he told you he was positive. In fact, you really shouldn't have even been surprised. All the red flags and warning signs were clearly on display. If, when you read this, you are still within the first 72 hours of the incident, you could get PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) to help reduce the chances of HIV transmission. The sooner the better! If, however, more than 72 hours has elapsed since your lapse in judgment, you have no other choice but to wait for your three-month HIV test. This is a difficult and anxiety-ridden way to learn a valuable lesson. I doubt you'll ever make such a mistake again. I'm hopeful those reading this post will learn from your predicament and realize that the inconvenience of a thin piece of latex is a small price to pay to avoid a dilemma like yours.

I do wish you well and hope your HIV test remains negative.

Primo infection et prise de risque
A THANK YOU