Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

RE: Catholic Priest
Dec 12, 2006

Dear Dr.Bob.

Blessed sould, what do you have against us, all we are doing is following what the bible states, please don't be upset at us, after all, we did not right the bible..we simply follow and preach what it states..

P.S. Are you not supposed to be of Italian heritance, if so you should be Catholic, am I correct in this belief? Bless you're soul, and remember being gay is NOT the way to go..

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Blessed "sould?" What's that?

Yes, I'm aware you did not "right" the Bible. (In fact, I'm quite convinced there are many parts of the Bible that aren't "right" at all!)

Now you ask what do I have against you!?!?! Isn't it I who should be asking you such a question? I'm a tolerant, loving man who has devoted himself to helping others in need. I have also deeply loved another man (Dr. Steve, the expert in the Body's Tratamientos Forum) who is similarly tolerant and devoted. And yet you tell me "gay is NOT the way to go . . . ." Worse yet, two weeks ago a New Jersey Catholic bishop said, "Because homosexual acts cannot fulfill the natural end of human sexuality, they are never morally acceptable. Such acts furthermore do not lead to true human happiness." (New Jersey Catholic Bishop Arthur Serratelli at the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in Baltimore, Nov. 14, 2006) So if you want to believe dinosaurs lived two by two on Noah's Ark and that our species was fashioned out of dirt and divine breath in a garden with a talking snake by the hand of an invisible God, fine! That's up to you! But while you are hoping and praying to soon be raptured into the stratosphere by Jesus so you can safely enjoy a sacred genocide that will inaugurate the end of human history, please do not preach to me that "gay is not the way to go," question the "morality" of my sexual orientation or pontificate on whether I have found "true human happiness." You enjoy your brand of "fairy tales" and I'll enjoy mine, OK?

To answer your other question, yes, I'm Italian and attended Catholic grade school. However, neither of those facts precludes me from having a brain and common sense.

Now, Pious Pontificator, I have a question for you: what are you doing here on the sex channel???

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please send encouraging words
Next
ARS or unfortunate coincidence?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.