Please send encouraging words

Hi Dr. Bob,

I'm probably a worried well, but I could use a little encouragement. My brother's recent suicide attempt gave me the guts to get tested, for some odd reason, and now I'm waiting for results. Risk: unprotected oral and vaginal sex with three men (all long-term relationships) who went and got tested (all negative for everything) before any sex occurred. I don't have any reason to believe they are lying or that they cheated on me after the tests, but since I myself haven't been tested, I took the plunge and did it. Never had any symptoms myself, and I'm still in contact with all three men, and they've never reported any symptoms either. I'm probably negative, but I could use an encouraging word as I wait for my results. Thanks! Worried Well in South Bay

Hi Worried Well in South Bay,

I absolutely agree. From what you've told me, your chances of having contracted HIV are remote at best! Why all the waiting? You could have had an HIV rapid test and had your definitive result in just 20 minutes! In fact, if the "South Bay" you refer to in your signoff is the San Francisco South Bay, you could have just come to The Frascino Medical Group in Los Altos, (650-917-1357) where you could get not only a rapid test but a hug and group WOO-HOO as well!

Try not to worry. I feel a WOO-HOO coming your way very soon, OK?

Please , Please , Please
RE: Catholic Priest