disclosing HIV status

I was reading this weeks article on the man that was having problems disclosing his status to his girlfriend and wanted to pass on a few encouraging words. When my husband and I first started dating he was + and I was -. We went on a few friend dates and hit it off. It was our first real date and he asked me if he could kiss me. When I said yes he said he had something he needed to be honest about. He told me his status. I was heart broken because we had really hit it off. I was so stuned by his courage that I agreeded to continue seeing him. If you could have seen his face you would have known he was poised for rejection. He struck me as a man with great courage and respect for others. He knew that he couldn't infect me by kissing me but wanted to be honest and let me decide. I knew then that I would go on at least a few more dates with him because I admired his courage. I was stuned by what a good person he was. As luck would have it we hit it off. He is my soulmate. We have been together for 4 years and are very happy.

Yours was one of many such testimonials of happily-ever-after magnetic couples that I received recently. I'll add that Steve (Dr. Steve in The Body's Tratamientos Forum) and I are into our 14th year of "magnetic" bliss! Disclosure may be the end to some relationships that most likely would have ended anyway (remember people may be rejecting the virus, not the person), but disclosure can also be a beginning! Opposites attract!

Thanks for your comments!

Be well! Be happy.

Got another indeterminate Western Blot.? Please advise
I think my husband is gay