Is more testing necessary? I need help!

Hi Dr. Bob

What you do is amazing. Your humour in your answers is hillarious and makes me laugh all the time.

I had a negative HIV test 5 months after a minimal exposure (unprotected blowjob and protected vaginal sex in which the condom may have slipped a little). I've been tested for syphilis and chlamydia which were both negative, was put on cipro for 7 days and ofloxacin for 21 days due to pain during urination, I had a urinalysis which showed no sign of infection or bacteria. Would my antibiotics have cleared up gonorrhea if I were to have contracted that? The doctor did not test me because I showed no signs (discharge). My penis feels a little itchy at the base on the underside but I do not see any blisters or anything. Could my pain during urination and itchyness be caused by a fungal infection or would that be noticeable. Does it make a difference that the lady who gave me the blowjob is a smoker and has diabetes? Do you feel testing for herpes is neccessary if there have been no blisters? Do you feel any other tests are warrented or am I std free?

Thanks for your time.

John

P.S. your my idol

Hi John,

I'm your idol??? Hmmm . . . I'll bet you say that to all the cyber-sexperts. And I suppose you think appreciating my admittedly twisted sense of humor might help in getting your 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 questions answered. Well, John, as you can see, your tactics worked very well indeed!

1. Most cases of gonorrhea would be adequately treated by your courses of quinolones (ciprofloxacin and ofloxacin). However, there are some cases of gonorrhea that are resistant to these drugs. But, like your doctor, I do not believe you had "the drip!"

2. Possible, but highly unlikely. I would assume you may have had a mild prostatitis or low-grade NSU (non-specific urethritis).

3. Diabetes and smoking are both significant health risks . . . but to her, not to you! They do not affect the quality or safety of a knob-slob.

4. Nope!

5. No further testing is warranted. I would suggest you immediately convert all worries to WOO-HOOs!

Stay well, Johnny Boy!

Remembering the ones that have help you at Xmas
Please answer....student from Switzerland...3rd time