Need Advice Badly

Hi, I wrote to you about my child having the inconclusive test result. I had to take her to the doctor today and we saw another doctor that works in her office, and so I was asking him what kind of test was ran on my child. He saw they ran a western blot first. And she had a abnormal result for p18. As i said she was tested seven days later and she tested negative and they even did the western blot again and the p18 was non reactive this time. Can you tell me what to make of this? Does she need yet another test, was she seroconverting, or was something throwing off the test. The only exposure she could have possbily had would have been blood contact on her hands or sharing drinks. Or kissing relatives. Thank you.

Your daughter is HIV negative. Her indeterminate Western Blot test (p18) was falsely reactive. Western Blot testing should always be coupled with ELISA screening due to a 2% rate of false-positives. The physician who ran the Western Blot as a sole HIV-screening test did so en error and should be advised of his mistake and the resultant worry and distress it caused you and your family.

Finally, I must point out that "sharing drinks or kissing relatives" is not a risk for HIV transmission. No way. No how.

An embarrassing sex injury
dudes...i dont know how risky is...