Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

An embarrassing sex injury
Dec 5, 2006

This is very personal but I need to ask. I was having sex with my girlfriend, and i slipped out and i do not know what happened but somehow i started bleeding down there. It bled for some time, and now the next morning it hurts to go to the bathroom, however the bleeding has stopped. I know that regardless of what has happened i need to see my doctor but i am embarrassed. I am also very worried about what could have happened.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Unfortunately I cannot diagnose your problem over the Internet. Why worry about seeing your doctor? We're here to help. After all, you're not a Catholic priest, right? Oh . . . Reverend Father, is that you??? Nonetheless, you still need to get checked out. I'll repost a question from the archives that addresses a potentially similar situation just to show you that you are not alone, OK?

Dr. Bob

sex Sep 7, 2006

during sex about 2 weeks ago i sat on my boyfriends penis when i wasn't wet enough and he started bleeding saying hes snapped his spangle cord ? what does he mean and when will it be cured ??

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

As I often mention on this site, the answer to almost all questions posted is usually already waiting for you in the archives. All you have to do is double click.

In your case I guess it is possible that you might not know that spangle cord = bango string = frenulum. We should all try to learn something new every day. I guess today's new fact is bango string/spangle cord snapping. See below.

Dr. Bob

Bango String

Aug 14, 2006

My friend told me he snapped his bango string when having sex, i cant help being really worried. He said he lost loads of blood and its still painful. Should he go to the hospital? please reply asap! Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

"Bango String," gosh, I haven't heard that term in quite awhile. Medically speaking, your friend most likely tore his frenulum, a little ridge of skin on the underside of the penis just below the opening to the foreskin. It's not uncommon to "snap one's bango string" (tear the frenulum) during vigorous sex, as it can become quite taut, if the foreskin is placed under a lot of tension, and then become abraded. "Bango strings" come in lots of different styles short, long, narrow, fanned-out, etc. so the risk of a tear is greater for some one-eyed monsters than others. Apart from the obvious discomfort and bleeding (a vein runs along the frenulum), there is not likely to be any significant long-term problem. However, I should note that your friend does need to be careful if this recurs, as scar tissue can form along the frenulum and become potentially problematic. I'd advise your friend to hold off on sexual activity until his trouser snake is completely healed. And then he should be a bit less acrobatic in his sexcapades. He should also use more lubrication. If he does have a recurrence, he should see his doctor for a proper evaluation of his Bango boo-boo.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Extreme Fatigue, cannot tolerate cold weather
Next
Need Advice Badly

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.