Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

uninformed staff at testing site
Dec 2, 2006

hey doc,

even though i am a consertive i hope you answer my question. Yesterday i had am oral HIV test. The nurse asked me about my sexual practices. I have been safe my whole life and only had 2 blowjobs unprotected. I have done my share of fingering because i was taught it was a safe alternative to sex. The nurse told me fingering is unprotected sex and if i have one little hangnail i can contract HIV. She also told me most new HIV cases were from oral sex. This completley freaked me out. Could i have been putting myself at risk the whole time? If not why are these staff doing scare tactics and why are they not informed?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Why would I refuse to answer your question just because you're "consertive?" In general I find "consertive" types are the most in need of answers, because they are usually less sexually active and less sexually savvy and have way more sexual hang-ups than non-conservatives.

From the sound of things, it appears you found a nurse even more "conservative" (and misinformed) than the average rightwing sex-phobic wingnuts currently running the country. Where did you go for your test, the Vatican? The information and I use the term loosely Nurse Nutso was passing out to you is blatantly false. Either she is woefully misinformed or has an agenda disseminating misinformation. Either way, I'd recommend getting her name and writing a letter to her physician supervisor informing him of her incompetence and lies. Certainly with qualifications like that she could get a job somewhere in the Bush Administration.

For science-based factual information about HIV prevention and transmission and safer sexual practices, you can review the wealth of information on this site and at its related links.

Good luck. Stay well, Conservative-Guy.

Dr. Bob

Previous
to everyone
Next
Your THE BEST!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.