Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

to everyone
Dec 2, 2006

I thought that I was hiv +. I had two encounters of unprotected sex with two males of unknown status. Afterwards my mind went straight to hiv. I just knew my results would be positive. I visited this site daily reading up on symptoms and stuff. Things that were normal with my body automatically became ARS. I began to feel that my life was over I went and I got tested at the 3 month mark and I was negative. My advice to everyone is to just get tested. Know your status and go from there. Guilt is a powerful emotion and can put you through a lot of unnecessary stress. Needless to say all is well and I've made a promise to myself not to put myself in situations where I could possibly be exposed to hiv. However I have to questions 1. The woman who did my test said I should come back at the 6 month mark and be tested, is that really needed? And 2. I want to get involved in some volunteer work that involves helping ppl with hiv and/or hiv prevention, how would I go about that and who would I contact in my area (I live in Louisville Ky)?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

1. Without extenuating circumstances, I would consider your three-month negative test to be definitive. The option to retest at six months is always available to you; however, I don't believe it's necessary.

2. There are a variety of options to choose from. Just Google "AIDS service organizations, Louisville, KY" and a list will pop up. You can also check out the options on the Web site, http://www.thebody.com/ascc/resources.html.

Congratulations on your negative test!

WOO-HOO!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Brief unsafe exposure
Next
uninformed staff at testing site

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.