to everyone

I thought that I was hiv +. I had two encounters of unprotected sex with two males of unknown status. Afterwards my mind went straight to hiv. I just knew my results would be positive. I visited this site daily reading up on symptoms and stuff. Things that were normal with my body automatically became ARS. I began to feel that my life was over I went and I got tested at the 3 month mark and I was negative. My advice to everyone is to just get tested. Know your status and go from there. Guilt is a powerful emotion and can put you through a lot of unnecessary stress. Needless to say all is well and I've made a promise to myself not to put myself in situations where I could possibly be exposed to hiv. However I have to questions 1. The woman who did my test said I should come back at the 6 month mark and be tested, is that really needed? And 2. I want to get involved in some volunteer work that involves helping ppl with hiv and/or hiv prevention, how would I go about that and who would I contact in my area (I live in Louisville Ky)?

1. Without extenuating circumstances, I would consider your three-month negative test to be definitive. The option to retest at six months is always available to you; however, I don't believe it's necessary.

2. There are a variety of options to choose from. Just Google "AIDS service organizations, Louisville, KY" and a list will pop up. You can also check out the options on the Web site, http://www.thebody.com/ascc/resources.html.

Congratulations on your negative test!

WOO-HOO!

Brief unsafe exposure
uninformed staff at testing site