The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Brief unsafe exposure

Dec 2, 2006

Recently at the gym, a guy got into my shower stall for what I thought was going to be purely safe sex but before I knew it he had my penis inside his anus. Because we had been stimulating each other beforehand, I ejaculated no more than 10 seconds after that. My question is, what kind of risk did I expose myself to and how long should I wait to get a definitive test?

Thank you very much.

Response from Dr. Frascino


". . . before I knew it he had my penis inside his anus." Hmmm . . . OK, if you say so, but generally speaking mounting a hottie in a shower at the gym is something I would indeed think you would know about! After all it was your tallywhacker taking the plunge wasn't it?

Your HIV risk is unprotected anal sex. The estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from unprotected insertive anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 6.5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be less, as we do not know the status of your shower-shag-boy. You should wait at least three months to get your HIV screening test. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three months are not considered to be definitive or conclusive.

Now I have a question for you. What gym do you belong to? I'm sure some of our horned-up readers are feeling the sudden urge to go for a "workout."

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

No question but inspiring please post this
to everyone

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint