Extreme Fatigue, cannot tolerate cold weather

I was feeling extremely weak recently and also had a bout of fever with chills. Few weeks(3 weeks) back I had encounter with a sex worker and the condom broke outside. I think my penis came in contact with the outside vaginal fluids(the condom broke). So I asked my physician to perform a HIV PCR test. The result came positive with 400 count per ml. I am really worried, the doctor says it could be a false positive. Is 400 count per ml a definitive count for me to be HIV positive? Please let me know, I am really really worried. - Thanks Roby.

Hello Roby,

You are yet another example of why I do not recommend PCR testing for routine HIV screening! As you can see, the result did not calm your nerves or give you a definitive result. If anything, all it did was increase your anxiety levels.

I would tend to agree with your doctor that your result of 400 is most likely a false-positive test. I suggest you wait until the three-month mark and then take a definitive HIV-antibody test. If it is negative, as I strongly suspect it will indeed be, then you can rest assured your three-week PCR was indeed a false-positive test.

Good luck!

Give It To Me Straight..I Am So Scared
No question but inspiring please post this