Give It To Me Straight..I Am So Scared
Dec 2, 2006
I need something to reduce my terror. I had unprotected vaginal sex for about 30 seconds, it was just put it in and then put a condom on.
Now a few questions
1. What is my risk? 1 in 10,000? or is it worse
2. This is a different question, the girl which i am speaking of said she had a STD test completed, however she was not sure if they did an HIV. Her doc is not available for about 2 weeks? We live in Toronto and i know when i got my test done before they automatically wrote down HIV as soon as I said STD test. Now is this the norm in Canada or????
3. Is there anything I can do to calm my nerves?
PS: donation has been sent, your GOOD KARMA would be totally appreciated
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. Unprotected vaginal sex is unprotected vaginal sex! The risk doesn't change. The estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex with a partner known to be HIV positive is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be less, as we don't know the HIV status of your partner.
2. I do not know what the "norm" is for your girlfriend's doctor's STD workup! Nor would I count on it. If you placed yourself at risk for HIV, you should be tested at the three-month mark. It really is just that straightforward.
3. The best thing to do to calm your nerves is to stop having unprotected sex!
Thanks for your donation. Good karma is on its way. Good luck!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.