Should I consult a neurologist

Dr. Francino,

Around 10/03 i was hospitalized with a very high tempature and dehydrated. They started saline drip and O2 and symptoms like a cold . From there it became worse. My temp did not go down and progessed to dimensia and halusanations. They then told my family i had PCP and tested positive for HIV, then was told the pcp infection went to my brain and had an infection there. I almost passed 3 times. I wighed 165 and when i got out i was 114. I could not walk and was in a wheel chair but only by the grace of God and his blessings i would not be here today and very healthy. Last test i am undetectable!!!! But one thing that i need your help answering. Remember i told you i could not walk. Well from wheel chair to walker to cane sometimes. It hit my left leg. I haven a considerable limp and the problem is with my balance. I would love to be able to run again or at least walk fast (LOL). Thanx for your time.....

I'm delighted you are recovering form your bout of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia and your HIV/AIDS is responding to treatment.

Regarding your limp, I cannot evaluate this over the Internet. Check with your HIV specialist. A consultation with a neurologist may well be warranted.

bono
please answer