The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Should I consult a neurologist

Dec 1, 2006

Dr. Francino,

Around 10/03 i was hospitalized with a very high tempature and dehydrated. They started saline drip and O2 and symptoms like a cold . From there it became worse. My temp did not go down and progessed to dimensia and halusanations. They then told my family i had PCP and tested positive for HIV, then was told the pcp infection went to my brain and had an infection there. I almost passed 3 times. I wighed 165 and when i got out i was 114. I could not walk and was in a wheel chair but only by the grace of God and his blessings i would not be here today and very healthy. Last test i am undetectable!!!! But one thing that i need your help answering. Remember i told you i could not walk. Well from wheel chair to walker to cane sometimes. It hit my left leg. I haven a considerable limp and the problem is with my balance. I would love to be able to run again or at least walk fast (LOL). Thanx for your time.....

Response from Dr. Frascino


I'm delighted you are recovering form your bout of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia and your HIV/AIDS is responding to treatment.

Regarding your limp, I cannot evaluate this over the Internet. Check with your HIV specialist. A consultation with a neurologist may well be warranted.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

please answer

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint