VERY USEFUL INFO PLEASE READ DOC AND PLEASE RESPOND.

Hidr bob I'm one of those worried wells out there seeking for help. I'm a male and after an incident recently which I received inprotected oral sex for about 3-5 min to completion, I drove myself crazy with the possibility of hiv despite what plenty of people including doctors have told me. So I decided to do some reasearch on the web regarding this debate. I came across a website with a few highly respected doctors that were discussing the possible risk for the receptive partner which to my understanding is the person who is doing the sucking and the insertive is the one being sucked. In this discussion they talked about mainly only about the receptive partner. So by reading this I came to the realization that if the risk for the receptive partner is extremly low than the risk for the insertive partner must be even lower, and they give a lot of facts and have conducted a lot of research. I know your a busy man doc but I will send a link to the site and I would like for you to read it and. Give me your opionion on this topic, you may have already read it I'm sure but if you could make a general comment so that everybody else on the forum can go to the site if they like.just a few questions based on your knowledge, would you say that a one time episode of unprotected sex as being the insertive partner is a real big risk and is hiv testing warrented? I thank you doc for taking the time to read this and hopefully you will respomd. Stay well. Here's the link. Thabj you.

http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/InSite?page=pr-rr-05

You want my "opionion" on the risk of acquiring HIV from oral sex? Hmmm . . . well a quick search of the archives reveals I've already addressed this very topic 27,500 times. (Yes, this is the actual number. Just type in oral sex and hit the search button in the Safer Sex/HIV Prevention Forum!)

So to make it 27,501 times, the estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from unprotected insertive oral sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 0.5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be less, as we don't know the HIV status of your partner. Because you have been "driving yourself crazy" with worry over this incident, a single HIV rapid test three months or more after the incident will provide you with an accurate and definitive result. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this one-time encounter.

Regarding the HIV InSite discussion on oral sex, I've referenced that very site multiple times in the past. See below for an example.

Finally, you want to "thabj" me? OK, but it sounds painful.

Oral Sex Studies, Articles and References Mar 14, 2004

Hi Dr. Bob! Just thought that the following links might be worth posting. I'm sure you've seen these, but readers of this forum may find the articles interesting...

Note that I'm not suggesting that these studies prove oral sex is completely safe! I'm merely saying that they provide some evidence that it may not be as risky as was once thought, even just a few years ago. :)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=12441814&dopt=Abstract

Sure I'll post the links as soon as I check them out. The last web address someone asked me to post on this topic turned out to be a direct link to an oral sex club.

Thanks guys for doing all this hard research, -- so to speak.

hiv tests husband tested positive..plz help
Just need to say this...