embarrased, humiliated, violated.....and angry!

Dear Dr. Frascino,

I am writing you on a humiliating experience that I had at a walk in clinic here in Pierrefonds, Quebec. I got a requisition form at the doctor to be tested and called the office back the next day for results.

The problem is ,that this particular office has very mean spirited secretaries, they are rude to just about everyone, whether it be me, or a "mommy" with a newborn. When I spoke to them, they said: "We are too busy to shift through everyone's results, if there is a problem we will call you". That was cold comfort to me.

I went there personally to see if I could actually see a negative. They could not refuse me so they did the next best thing, try to embarrass me to teach me a lesson in following manner.

Asking me right at the patient counter what test it was for, (even though they knew it was for hiv, as I discussed it with another of her colleagues-and over the phone), as to humiliate me for causing them extra work of searching for my results.

After having to announce what test I was there for right at the counter with everyone listening, the secretaries numerous times announced my name to one another in a louder than usual voice, this in a cramped waiting area where everyone heard and one or two people eyed me and the people beside me cringed almost with fear that I will give them m.leprae.

Anyhow , right at the customer window they give me my results announced that I was negative,.I was not sure who was happier , myself or the people sitting beside me.

signed embarrassed and wanting to cry in Pierrefonds, Quebec.

PS: I am really mad , because I cannot do anything about it.

Why not get the names of the nitwit receptionists and write a letter of complaint to the head of the clinic? Enclose copies to their immediate supervisor and to your local newspaper. Ask for a written response to your complaint from the head of the clinic. Ask him to specifically address how confidential or potentially sensitive personal medical information is handled throughout the clinic. My guess is the meanspirited secretaries will then get a taste of their own medicine and hopefully learn a valuable lesson in the process.

Thank you for response!! (Calamari/ARS girl)
hiv tests husband tested positive..plz help