CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN MINORITY FEMALE- UNPROTECTED ORAL SEX ON MALE - oops!

Just so that we're clear, I mean "ooops" on the unprotected oral sex, not being a republican.

I just recently found out that a man that I performed oral sex on 3 years ago was HIV postive at the time. He has denied any allegations so I'm left to depend on any information from his sister.

I tried to remember all the details of that night - did i swallow, did i have open sores, bleeding gums, etc? I can't remember a blessed thing from 3 years ago. I started to lose my mind and sanity - i questioned every cold I'd had in the last 3 years and every "symptom" that I have right now. I'd managed to convince myself that I was just asymptomatic and began researching LTC insurance for when I needed to have additional care. I've convinced myself that I am HIV positive. I started a frantic search on the web for more information which lead me to you.

I have read hundreds and hundreds of your posts and I would like to thank you for "talking" me off the ledge. Your humor, frankness, and positive reassurance has done more for me than all the information that I've been able to find from the web.

That being said, prior to all this my knowledge of HIV/Aids was so pathetic I'm embarrassed to admit what my preconceptions were. So I thank you for being such a wonderful educator.

I've got an appointment set for next week with a doctor that I feel comfortable with (in case he needs to deliver me some bad news) to take the HIV test. Wish me luck!

thanks again for everything that you do!

Hi Conservative Republican Minority Gal,

I'm not surprised you could not remember all the details of a sexy tryst three years ago. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.

I'm delighted you found the information here helpful in "talking you off the ledge!" You sound so reasonable, compassionate and friendly that I find it hard to believe you're a conservative Republican minority gal! But then again, you do mention that before signing onto this site your HIV knowledge was "pathetic" and you are "embarrassed to admit what (your) preconceptions were," so I guess it is indeed possible you are G.O.P. schooled! Don't worry, we won't hold that against you. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you found yourself voting Democratic sometime very soon (2008 would be good!). After all we Dems are definitely a sexier party! How do I know that? Well, when's the last time you heard someone say "look at that hot piece of elephant???"

From reading the forum, hopefully you realize your HIV risk is extremely low. I'm glad you are scheduled for an HIV test next week. I very strongly doubt you'll be hearing bad news. In fact, I'm quite confident of just the opposite. I'll bet you'll be WOO-HOOing as frantically as a Democrat on Nov. 7, 2006! I'm sending you my best good-luck karma that that will indeed be the case that your HIV test will be negative (as I strongly suspect) and that you'll become increasingly Democratic! Keep me posted!

Good luck!

Thank You Dr. Bob!
hiv or not