Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

10-15 second unprotect vag sex
Nov 30, 2006

Dear Doc.

I read basically all questions and answers regarding the risks and symptoms in your forum. I must admit that your replies always are straight to the point containing a wealth of information who stupid people like me are looking for! However just one quick question:

Would you consider a 10/15 second ( 3 trusts) unprotected vaginal sex exposure high risk or slightly non-existent? I hardly believe that I carried out full one insertion and most probably I only inserted just about half the length of my penis. I know insertion carries some form of risk and testing is essential but can you shed some light about this possible high risk exposure?

Donation on the way!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Since I don't know exactly how long our schlong is, I have no way of knowing just how deep "half the length" of your penis is. You accurately summed up the entire situation when you wrote "I know insertion (and yes, half way counts as insertion) carries some form of risk and testing is essential . . . ." BINGO! I agree and couldn't have said it better. Yeah, your extremely brief and (unless you're Italian) presumably shallow halfway "3 trusts" (whatever the hell those are) would decrease the overall estimated HIV risk. But rating it on a risk scale is not at all helpful. You had unprotected sex. Unprotected sex carries risk for HIV. Ergo, you need an HIV test at the three-month mark. It really is just that straightforward. The rest is just mental masturbation. And, if you're going to masturbate, I personally prefer the other type.

Thanks for the donation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return, I'll send my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month test will be negative.

Be well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Sterile pyuria?
Next
Thank You Dr. Bob!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.