Nov 30, 2006
Hello Doctor Frascino,
I wondering if you got a urine analysis done for pyuria in your urine yet it came back as being sterile, could you still have an HIV Infection. Thanks Doc
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Urine cultures and other tests done to evaluate white cells in the urine (pyuria) do not give any indication whether someone is HIV positive or not. The only way to determine if someone is HIV infected is to do an HIV-specific test.
To answer your specific question, yes, it's possible someone could be HIV positive and have a "sterile" result from a urine test done to evaluate pyuria.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Licking Anus Worried I Have
- Rectal Bleeding After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.