Nov 30, 2006
Hello Doctor Frascino,
I wondering if you got a urine analysis done for pyuria in your urine yet it came back as being sterile, could you still have an HIV Infection. Thanks Doc
Response from Dr. Frascino
Urine cultures and other tests done to evaluate white cells in the urine (pyuria) do not give any indication whether someone is HIV positive or not. The only way to determine if someone is HIV infected is to do an HIV-specific test.
To answer your specific question, yes, it's possible someone could be HIV positive and have a "sterile" result from a urine test done to evaluate pyuria.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Flaky Skin After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.