Renewed Fears. Volume 2

Thank you for your response regarding my renewed fears and symptoms that have popped up since the birth of my son 6 weeks ago. I noticed that the important fact I left out of that question is that the person I had prolonged unprotected exposure to from 1993-98 was HIV positive. The test I took in July was the Oraquick. I was sick with a chronic cough the last 4 mos. of my pregnancy. I have been sick most of the time since giving birth. I now have a sore throat, fever, swollen lymph nodes, etc. I have also had "geographic tongue" for months now.

Do you really, really think my symptoms are not related to HIV and I don't need to worry about it anymore. I lie in bed at night worrying about what would happen to my child, my boyfriend and myself "if" the test was a "false negative".

Have you EVER seen a false negative Oraquick test after the window period? It has been 8 years since my exposure to the infected individual.

Thank you for putting up with my questions. I really need your help.

Here we go again! One last time! Yes, I "really, really think (your) symptoms are not related to HIV and (you) don't need to worry about it anymore"!!!!!!

No, I have not seen a false-negative OraQuick test after the window period.

Even though I'm extremely confident that HIV is not your problem (No way. No how!), if you're that freaked out about your eight-year-old nookie nights, why not just get retested? You'll have a definitive result in 20 minutes! It will undoubtedly be negative and then you'll be able to stop sending in these repetitive questions over and over again and I won't wear out my fingers retyping the same responses over and over again, OK?

rapid test from Trinity Biotech accurate??
You are my hero