neti pots and infection. please answer!

Dear Dr Frascino, Ok. You have said that snot does not carry HIV. Right? But, I still worry. So, here is the situation. My housemate may or may not be HIV positive, he just got tested because there is a small chance. So, before this was known, he used my Neti Pot (link provided) http://www.bytheplanet.com/Products/Yoga/Neti/details.htm?prod=025300&cID=80. It is to clear out your sinuses. The liquid goes in one nostril and out the other. Then, three days later, after a cleaning of the pot, with dish soap, I used it. My question is: is there any way, if he is positive, that I could have contracted HIV?!?! Now, here are the reasons why it is a very small chance. and tell me if I am wrong! 1. HIV does not get transfered through snot. 2. there was no snot even on the thing! and esp. no blood. 3. it was three days later and HIV dies quickly outside of the body. I know that you can contract HIV through mucus membranes if bodily fluids get into them and the conditions are right...but if it was just snot going into my nose (which probably didn't happen!) is it still possible?? That's it. I just want to make sure. It makes me nervous! Thanks so much for your help!!

Hey Booger-Boy,

Dude, you may fear that a Neti Pot is a risk for HIV transmission, but it's snot!

Your HIV risk is completely nonexistent.

NIGHTMARE TO END!
hiv viral load in semen versus blod