Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Just donated money at concertedeffort.org. Going for HIV Testing
Nov 30, 2006

Dr Bob

Can you advise me the risk of getting HIV in the following situation

12 weeks back I was in Vegas. Went to a strip club. I will get to the questions. The stripper was giving me a dry hump. After sometime she put saliva on her hand and rubbed it on the head of my penis and also touched the tip of my penis (urethra) couple of times. I have heard that the head and the tip of penis is mucous membrane and permeable. I also touched her vagina for few seconds. It was dry and there were no cuts on my finger. Immediately after this situation say after 5 mins, I went to the rest room and cleaned my penis with water. I didn't noticed any visible cut on my penis. I am not aware of any microscopic cuts on the tip of my penis i.e urethra. I didn't noticed any blood on my penis. I am not aware if there was any blood in her mouth. I have spoken on couple of helpline and they say that I can or cannot get HIV. But I am shit scared. I would be getting married in few months. I also tested for STD. What is my risk of getting HIV suppose she had blood in her mouth and the saliva she used was a combination of blood and saliva.

I would appreciate if you can reply. I am nowdays only dreaming of my life getting ruined etc

I also donated $ 25.00 to your concertedeffort foundation. Thanks

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your HIV risk is negligible at best. Your fears are unwarranted. What happened in Vegas stayed in Vegas! If you remain worried, a single HIV rapid test at the three-month mark will give you an accurate definitive answer. From what you've told me, your test will undoubtedly be negative. Thanks for your donation!

Good luck on your upcoming nuptials!

Dr. Bob

Previous
latex or not - can one tell?
Next
Hoping 3rd Time is the Charm, please help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.