HIV and masturbation

Dear Dr. Bob,

After masturbrating and ejaculating, I couldn't help from wondering if HIV virus from my surroundings could enter my system throught the semen I had just ejaculated. In health class we learned that HIV can be found anywhere, but can only survive for a matter of seconds without being exposed to bodily fluids. Is this correct? Thank you.

JLE

Hey JLE,

You learned HIV can be "found anywhere" in health class???? Oh my . . . who taught the class, Sister Mary Mc-If-You-Have-Sex-Your-Dick-Will-Fall-Off?

Listen up, JLE, you cannot contract HIV by burping the nephew. No way. No how. Also, HIV is not everywhere. It's a virus that lives inside infected humans, like me, for instance! It can be transmitted to another human being only by very specific means:

1. Blood transfusion with infected blood.

2. Sharing intravenous needles with an infected drug user.

3. Infected mother to unborn child.

4. Unprotected sex with an HIV-infected partner.

So, JLE, enjoy your home entertainment center without worry, OK? And go back and tell that health class instructor he needs a refresher course. (A wealth of information can be found right here on this site in the archives and at the related links pertaining to how HIV is and is not transmitted! Check it out!)

Stay well, Sticky-Fingers Guy.

Dr. Bob my life is a mess
Withdrawal Before Ejaculation