A question specifically about HIV virus, Please answer, Thanks.

Hi. Dr. Frascino, Thanks a lot for all you do for all of us. It is very highly respected and appreciated. You are such a great person. I am a 20 year old male #1 My question is that, is it possible that if less virus is transferred during a given exposure it can take longer for a person to make antibodies, If you could please explain why or why not? My last exposure was insertive oral (where a woman performed oral on me, fellatio). I got my 13 weeks result, from my last exposure, last month and they were negative. I didnt have any exposure at all after my last one. Today I just got my got my 18 weeks results, done by two different places, Public Health Services Lab, and Quest Diagnostics, and both came Negative (non-reactive). Again no exposure after my last insertive oral. I got tested at two different place because Public Health Services told me that they will take two weeks to get the results while, Quest Diagnostics said they do it quicker. I ended up getting the results from both places at the same time, and again both came negative (non-reactive). Both were EIA antibody test. #2 So combining all three, my 13 weeks and 18 weeks results, can I assume that I DO NOT have HIV and move on with my normal life? #3 I was also tested for Syphilis, Chlamydia, and Gonorrhea at 18 weeks and all came back negative, so is there anything else I should worry about or should get tested for? I will donate to your foundation. I know you are very busy, but had these questions so thought you might have a chance to answer. I am very sorry for the long question. Please reply, I will be waiting for your response. Thanks again a lot. I highly respect and appreciate all the work you for all of us.

Thanks.

The answers to all your questions are readily available in the archives, so I'll just reply briefly here:

1. No. The immune system does not work that way.

2. Your negative HIV tests are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

3. Nope.

Thanks for your donation! (www.concertedeffort.org)

Be well. Stay well.

South African Idiot
No question. Just thanks.