Just want to say hi and wish you well

Bob, How are you? I hope this message finds you well. Your fight against HIV and the fruitful life you've been leading for so many years after being infected always inspires me.

Earlier this year you replied to some of my posts when I was going through serious anxiety over a couple of regretable episodes of low risk exposure. All tests at the right times came back negative.

Just wanted to say thanks again for helping me pull through.

In my time of worry, I learned a great deal about STI's and HIV, esp. from your forum. And now that I am "free and clear" and don't need to worry anymore, I still find myself returning to your forum. Maybe it's residual OCD that's turned into a habit from researching HIV/STI's on a daily basis for several months earlier this year. Actually I think it's because I enjoy reading your witty and informed replies to the wide range of questions you receive. Very entertaining.

It may seem to you at times that people only write in with their own selfish interests/worries in mind, so I hope this will remind you that there are also many of us reading your forum who truly appreciate your help and care about you and your health, even if we only know each other online.

From one person to another, just call me a straight guy, 36 yrs. old

Hi Straight Guy,

Thank you for your warm and compassionate comments! Demonstrating such genuine kindness and concern for others and having an appreciation for my somewhat twisted sense of humor qualify you to be at least a metrosexual, even if you're straight as a lawn dart.

Be well. Stay well. Stop by anytime. You'll always have a friend here, one person to another.

My Risk
WOOHOO!! how the fear of HIV screwed my life