Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Follow-up Maybe 4th time lucky

Dear Doc, Many thanks for your reply. Donation of USD 200 on the way however just a silly question, can u please tell me what will show on the credit card statement since I will be using the one I use for work? My boss always checks such statement so you will help me keep my mind at rest.

Regarding ARS/HIV symptoms I read through the forum that the majority of infected people have symptoms. We all read that there could be around 8/9 or even more symptoms like, fever, rash, diarrhea, swollen nodes, thrush, headaches, muscle and joint aches etc but:

1. People infected which HIV normally experience only one of the normal symptoms or can even experience multiple like, fever, swollen nodes, etc altogether? 2. If multiple symptoms do not appear within the first 4 weeks, would that be a valid indication that a person is not effected? 3. Is the very main symptom relating to HIV/ARS fever combined with something else?

I know that such questions are labeled as (QTND) but I am seeking some moral boosting answers sine I have to wait for around an additional 4 weeks of hell until my test.

Sorry for keeping you busy with my perhaps stupid questions but your reply did ease my anxiety and nervous state of mind but I am looking for some more expert advice which, reading through your forum, might be my only help. Your answers are a recommendable knowledge of wealth to people facing the same situation due to our stupidity.

Cheers

1. The symptoms of acute retroviral syndrome (ARS) are very variable from person to person. Some folks have such mild symptoms they don't even notice them; others may be very ill with multiple severe symptoms.

2. No. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV positive. "No symptoms" is an equally unreliable predictor!

3. Often, yes. See below for a list of common ARS symptoms and for how often they are present.

Finally, regarding donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation via credit card, the statement would list the name of the organization (The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation) along with the amount of your tax-deductible donation. Hopefully this should not cause any problems with your boss. Donations to nonprofit charitable organizations, be they for cancer, diabetes, HIV or whatever, should, if anything, score points with a boss, if he has any compassion for the world's problems!

Good luck! I'm sending you my best good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative!

What are symptoms of ARS? May 23, 2004

Bob,

I am an x-filer who still follows your forum for laughs, information, and curiosity. I realize that mosty people who write in to this particular forum merely think that they were exposed to HIV, and only a very, very small handful actually were. An an even smaller handful actually contract the virus.

My question to you is this: Seeing as how there is so much conflicting information out there regarding HIV and HIV ARS, could you please shed a little light on what you might consider a "typical" case of ARS?

And if I'm not stepping way out of line here, would you mind discussing what ARS was like for you? I completely understand if you don't feel that this is something for the masses, but there are many positive benefits to hearing things firsthand.

Regardless, I will continue to donate to Concerted Effort, and wish you all the best!

I don't believe there is such a thing as a "typical" case of ARS or a "compassionate" conservative. ARS symptoms vary greatly from person to person, and may be so mild as to go essentially unnoticed or be so severe as to be debilitating. I can give you the frequency in the form of percentages of various signs and symptoms of primary HIV infection. Perhaps that will help. Fever 96%, enlarge lymph nodes 74%, sore throat 70%, rash 70%, muscle aches 54%, diarrhea 32%, headache 32%, nausea and vomiting 27%, enlarged liver/spleen 14%, weight loss 13%, thrush 12%, neurologic symptoms 12%.

Remember, however, that symptoms, even all of the above listed symptoms, do not equal HIV disease. There are many illnesses that can cause these symptoms. The only way to know if you've contracted HIV is to get tested.

My ARS included seven of the symptoms listed above.

Thanks for your willingness to donate. Details about the Foundation can be found at www.concertedeffort.org.

Stay well.

DONATION ON THE WAY
Please HELP, Very LOGICAL ARS quetsion, will donate money