Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

DONATION ON THE WAY
Nov 25, 2006

Dear Doctor Bob, My question was answered for me, so I don't need a reponse to it now. I originally entitled my first "question" (which was actually me writing my thoughts to you) "Fear, anxiety, guilt, tonsillitis." Even though it has been a short time since I sent the original email, and possibly why I did not get a response as I sit and write now, I intend on sending a donation. I will do this because your views Dr.Bob and your way of helping people is so awsome. I read this site everyday for the last 3 months in order to keep sane. So for that I will donate to your organization. My further donations thereafter, and the one I made today for $35.00 to, will be going to KUISC (Korea Unaids Information Support Center). Today, I went to the center and received excellent counselling in person and had a rapid hiv test done. It was negative and thus reinforces the negative I had recently before that. I live in Korea, so I think I should donate to this center which is for foreignors living in Korea, and they speak fluent English, and they are so kind. The center provides anonymous testing and counselling for free. However, I want to donate to your organization because you helped me and you don't even know it yet, unless you're reading now (your views on "thebody.com" saved me). Long story short, I tested negative at 11 weeks 6 days, then again negative at 13 weeks 5 days. I originally screwed up by having unprotected sex with a sex worker and had a superficial cut on the urethra meateus before the sex even started. I underwent minor symptons of what I thought was ARS here and there for 11 weeks, and then developed tonsillitis after my first negative test, so I went for the second test. I SAY WOOF**WHOOOO!!! Why I say WooWhoo is because as you say, the test trumps the symptons. I just want to add now that this is all over that so many people worry about becoming infected. I don't know who is at most risk, Doctors do, but it is hard to find situations of the worried wells that are actually risky. I mean, as a straight guy who has received countless BJ's from gay friend one spontaneoulsy from another good gay friend of mine (gees, good to have gay friends eh?) and I never once worried about HIV. It was when I didn't wear the condom for penetration with a female sex worker that blew my mind. For that matter it is really all about the condom for anal or vaginal when it comes to sex, I think. I also get BJ's from women, don't kid yourself. Anyways, I am glad that you still help all of the worried wells that don't really put themselves at risk. As for me, I am going to start having some serious sex with my girlfriend now, and put this all behind me. Going through that kind of anxiety in a foreign country is harder than anything I have ever done. God bless you Dr.Bob! By the way, I get to go home to Toronto, Canada in January and that's where I'll do the big WooWhoin'. I know your website so I'll go to it to find out how to send a donation. Cheers! Thanks for being in this world Doctor Bob. Take care.

Check out this site, please. http://www.kuisc.org/Eng_Html/Main.php

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Toronto Guy Spending Time in Korea,

Thanks for your very kind comments and donation. Both are warmly appreciated.

Congratulations and WOO-F******-HOO! Yes, your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 13 weeks 5 days are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Your test trumps any and all symptoms!

The Korea UNAIDS Information Support Center (KUISC) is an excellent site and offers essential services. UNAIDS is working diligently around the globe to combat the pandemic!

Be well. Stay well. I'll warn Toronto you'll soon be back!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Case study for biology
Next
Follow-up Maybe 4th time lucky

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.