FOLLOW UP - Handjob - Big donation $1500

Dr Bob,

I am the guy ho wrote in a few weeks ago after a handjob at a massage parlour and her rubbing my penis against her vagina.

I am realy scared now, the STD clinic here in the UK refuses to test me.

I have now had a lymph node up for five weeks that just won't go away. I have NEVER had them up before.

I am so scared I have got HIV or Hepatitus. What else could cause a lymph node to be up for 5 weeks?

Dude! Are you back again???? And still stressing out over that swollen lymph node???? WOWZA, you're a Nervous Nellie! I could list several thousand potential causes for a swollen lymph node; however, I really doubt that would be all that helpful.

I'm assuming the STD clinic is refusing to test you because you are still in your "window period," in which case I agree with their decision. Why get a test that doesn't provide you a definitive answer you can rely on?

What more can I say or do other than reiterate what I've already said: "I remain absolutely confident that HIV is not your problem. No way. No how!!!" I've also recommended you see a doctor to get some anti-anxiety mediation or consider counseling to help you cope with your unwarranted HIV fears while waiting for your definitive three-month test result, which will undoubtedly be negative!

I'm continuing to send you my best good-luck/good-health karma that your three-month test remains negative (as I'm sure it will indeed be). Please note my good-luck karma has never failed yet! Your WOO-HOO is as good as gold. Thanks again for your generous offer to donate to those in desperate need. Your one gift will touch many lives. Compassion and generosity towards others is a great way to rack up excellent karma with the higher powers. So, as you can see, you have support and good luck coming from every dimension!

Stay calm. All is well, including you!

HELP - FOLLOW UP Oct 24, 2006

DR Bob,

The oil used was baby oil not massage oil, it was baby oil.

I have had massive lymph nodes going up everywhere on my neck six weeks after the event also my neck felt very stiff and I had a sore throat.

I had a 4 week test which was negative but the GUM clinic here in the UK refused to test me at 6 weeks saying it was too early. I have also had a massive canker sore in my mouth. I am so worried. Please follow if I test negative in early December I promise I wll donate all my salary for that month. Please answer me Dr Bob please. I am so scared and worried.

Here is my original q:

$1500 donation please answer. Oct 13, 2006

Dr Bob,

I went to a massage parlour and the woman gave me a massage. She also gave me a handjob and rubbed the tip of my penis against her vagina. I was wearing a condom at the time but she had been using massage oils on me and I am worried that this would have destroyed the condom.

I have had one lymph node in my armpit and my stomach feels really rough. I have taken lots of staomach medicine but it feels terrible and hurts all the time.

Is this an ARS symptom. I will donate all of my salary next month which is approximaltely $1500 if I test negative to your foundation. Please answer me.

Hello Baby-Oil Guy,

Dude, ratchet down those anxiety levels a few notches before you spontaneously combust, OK? Baby oil is just mineral oil with some mild fragrances. My assessment of your risk remains exactly the same. You'll be WOO-HOOing as soon as you see the results of your definitive three-month test . . . unless, that is, you croak from anxiety first! Please try to calm down or see your doctor to get some antianxiety medication to help you through the window period, OK?

I'm here if you need me. I'll bet your WOO-HOO is going to really be a humdinger after all this ranting, raving and worrying. I better get my earplugs ready.

I'm continuing to send you my best good-luck/good-health karma (it hasn't failed yet!), OK?

Follow up q donation of $1500 Oct 22, 2006

Dr Bob,

I am now 5 weeks in and I have a really bad sore throat and a canker sore. Yet I have never had a canker sore again.

Couldn't the baby oil from the massage have destroyed the condom and given me HIV.

I am really worried, I usually never feel ill and usually am in good health. But I am really scared because now I have a canker sore, a really bad sore throat and my neck was really stiff and kept cricking when I moved it.

Your canker sore, sore throat and stiff neck are not HIV related.

Your definitive three-month HIV test will confirm this fact. Try to keep your stress levels and anxiety in control while waiting for your test results. I remain absolutely confident that HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Good luck!

Dr Bob,

A handjob and rubbing the tip of your condom-covered Mr. Happy against a massage-lady's vagina even with massage oils! is not a risk for HIV transmission! No way. No how.

Your "one lymph node" and "rough" stomach are not indicative of or worrisome for HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome) or HIV disease. Your stomach discomfort could be related to stress, anxiety, stomach ulcer or a host of other causes, but certainly not HIV, OK?

If you're worried, and clearly you are, get a single HIV rapid test at the three-month mark. It will undoubtedly be negative and that should put all your residual HIV worries permanently to rest.

Thank you for your very generous donation! (www.concertedeffort.org) Your one gift will touch many lives in a very meaningful way. On behalf of those folks, please accept my heartfelt thanks. In return I'm sending you my very best good-luck/good-health karma that your HIV test will be negative. (I'm extremely confident it indeed will be negative!)

I'm looking forward to hearing your good news (negative test results) very soon!

Good luck!

hivmaniac or not?
Case study for biology